September was a bit of a quiet month for baking. I was busy with my own birthday and was banned from making my own birthday cake.
Its cool to now receive payment for the baking but still practising to make it better and then go pro.
Septembers Bakes
French Strawberry Tart
These were requested by my French flatmate. They came up to her exacting standards and I was happy to have got them right as I had never made creme patisserie before.
Kats Birthday Cake
This was a friend whose 27th (sorry 21st birthday again) was in the week before my birthday. The requester a very close friend asked for a basic chocolate cake and was overwhelmed by the final result.
This was quite definitely a death by chocolate cake. This cake was a basic milk chocolate cake, with a white chocolate ganache and covered with chocolate shavings.
Bens 7th Birthday
This cake was requested by a work colleague. They asked for a chocolate cake done in Moshi Monsters. Now I know I'm not down with the kids but trying to create something you have never heard of was a task in itself. The entire cake was edible including the tree at the back.



No comments:
Post a Comment